Majority of COVID infections are diagnosed by swabbing or blood work. If you have symptoms of COVID19 (fever, chills, diarrhea, cough, loss of taste and smell) Report to a healthcare provider immediately. Notify all possible contacts, follow up to date FDA guidelines and consult with your physician before use of any OTC or herbal treatments.
Below are some over the counter and natural remedies that may help to alleviate symptoms.
Treatment in home:
- -Vit C (powder) 2,000 mg daily
- -Vit D (up to 2,000 units daily) and or natural Sunlight
- -Zinc (up to 30-45 mg daily)
- -Finger Pulse Oximeter (keep above 94%)
- -Tylenol or Asprin only - NO IBUPROFEN
- -NO ELDERBERRY (Induces Cytokine storm)
- -Sleep on your stomach at night.
- -Push fluids, No sugar or sweeteners
- -Add Garlic to foods and soups
- -Apple Cider Vinegar
- -Peppermint Tea, Lemon Balm Tea, Mullein Tea
- -Guaifenesin (Robitussin)
- N-Acetylcysteine Cysteine + Quercetin
- Maintain well ventilated areas, Possible use of HEPA filters.
Recovering from Long Haul COVID:
Antihistamines (Claritin OTC, Periactin Prescription)
Considerations: Some clinicians have found link between - Ivermectin, Prozac and Claritin - with long haul COVID recovery as well as COVID prophylaxis. More research is needed. Some questions have been raised on how COVID effects serotonin in the body. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that is majority produced in the gut. COVID binds to receptors in lungs, brain, heart, intestines and kidneys etc.
This list is Not intended to cure or treat any disease or condition. Follow up with you Primary Care Provider before use.